Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hands of Death



It was late night… I was saturated of reading and surfing so, turned off my laptop and laid on to get lost in dreams when I felt like I was not alone in room. I could feel something.... but could not see anything around… I got up from my bed throwing blanket aside, looking around consciously but nothing to find…

I opened the door and all windows(my way to deal with fear at night)... Standing by window, I could watch the television program running in adjacent building. Tried to concentrate to be able to listen as well… and now I can feel someone keeping its hand on my back shoulder… turned back abruptly and saw nothing again…

Ahhh!! I hate it and I hate to be scared. I don’t believe in super natural powers but what else this could be?? “Eeee!! what the hell are you thinking Apoorva??” I scolded myself. I wanted to go back to sleep but by now was totally out of it (or was just pretending to avoid my confession to myself of being scared) Then, what to do at this point of time?? Took stairs to terrace thinking of walking a bit… but I'm tired, can't walk… preferred to sit and gaze around…

Very ordinary night and the sky calm as usual…the moon incomplete in itself posing as a guard for stars… cool breeze blowing… don’t know when I got melded into... thinking from everything to nothing, from introspect to retrospect and from my home to office…

Office? Ohhh!! I need to wake up early in morning and by now I should have been at bed. I got up thinking of spending a few minutes daily like this.

Entered the room, played soft music and plugged in earphones. Wrapped myself into blanket from head to toe and shut my eyes for another round through dreams… but what’s this, I can again feel someone touching me tenderly… “Enough!! enough Apoorva, it's being too much now”, and now I can even see two hands approaching me… “But how is it possible? Your eyes are shut darling”. I opened my eyes and what I see is a dark shade standing in front of me…“It’s a shade, where is the body”. Could find nowhere…

“Come to me, Hold my hand” it said.
Now, I had to scream “Who is this?”
It’s me, the death angel.
Then, what are you doing here?
I have come to take you.
What you talking about, I am too small?
This is the truth.
No, it can’t be me, it’s a mistake?
Not possible.
You can’t be serious?
This is the truth.

I stood breathless, the shade offering me its hand to hold… Helpless me, started to plead for some time… “Just a few years or few months or at least a few days…”
“Only till you hear the knell, after that will have to go”

I shut my eyes and started complaining to no one.. “This can’t be the truth. This is not fair. Why me? I'm still a kid. What bad I have done to anyone? I have so many things left to do… Have not done anything till now… I‘m still into my first job and stupid project... I wanted to jaunt the world… Dammn, have not even had a single boy friend till now and...... Oh Nooooo. What the hell have you been doing till now Apoorva?? You haven’t done anything even for your parents... My parents!! How will they be able to bear sudden death of their most pampered darling daughter? I am not even ill, haven’t got mere fever since many years… Won't they blame themselves for approving all my asks and allowing me to stay alone so far from them…” Shivers ran throughout my body….

And that was when I could hear the knell, the bloody knell… It was my time to go, leaving beloveds… I had to… I forced open my eyes to embrace the guest and found myself lying in a brighter space… to my right was my cell phone shouting to tell me its 6:30 already…

I heaved a big sigh :-)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing... read it n u would feel it happening to urself... thats what happened to me... 3 kya 5-6 cheers....

    ReplyDelete